It has now reached the time and season when I rarely venture out to fly kites, so will not be making any suggestions for venue, but thought I would just start off the conversation for the hardy ones of KKF. I am happy to inform others of any decisions made on this thread
Post by Gareth Williams on Nov 24, 2019 18:31:39 GMT
A pleasant afternoon flying a few kites in the gloom of Palm Bay. The rai threatened zbut never materialised. What looked like a couple of new kites got an outing. One flew well, the other a little temperamental, but a bridle tweak seemed to resolve the issue.
As Gareth says it was a pleasant afternoon at Palm Bay. We drove through rain to find a dry but extremely overcast Margate. Peter & Gareth had kites in the air when we arrived that stayed there pretty much all afternoon. I gave my Percy some air, very refreshing (Oooh Matron!) Barbara launched a couple of kites that have been languishing in our collection for a while one needed a bridle tweak and will need a little looking at in the warm at home, the other flew well once she had worked out how to put it together. As the light faded I flew my illuminated kite that stayed in the air until we decided to call it a day in the darkness that was 5.00. Malcolm dropped by for a chat and we were joined by Janet and her other half late in the day, very good to see them. Thanks to all who turned up in what can only be described as a strange wind.
Most of us there are unavailable next week but Woodchurch was suggested for the following week (December 8th) assuming that's ok. Len are you aware of any reason for us not going there?