Thanks to everyone who has said that they will be there, I do not expect any-one to put their kites at risk. The wind forecast will be too strong for the gazebos,everything is already loaded. As yet I have not convinced Walmer to cancel tomorrow in advance, but if they do I will post on here first.
I have been to Walmer Parish Council to-day and spoken with the deputy clerk about tomorrow as the chair of the events committee had asked some questions about weather conditions and kites. I have answered those question about safety and kites, but the chair has still not cancelled, and I think they are hoping that the forecasted wind speed does not happen. As mentioned previously, we have to show that at least a few of us have to show willingness to be there, for a just in case scenario. I have suggested that we may be able to attend on another Saturday if there are dates in their events diary.
Again thanks to all those who have said that they will come along and if necessary just sit and wait to see what happens.
Many thanks to all who attended what turned out to be a wonderful day in the sun despite the fierce and extremely turbulent winds. Everyone I spoke to was very understanding if a little disappointed that the large kites were not on display but anyone watching Steve's whale being thrown around the sky would very quickly seen the problem. It would appear that we had a very successful day with the kite sales and hope that the event is enough of a success that the parish council wants to hold it again next year when hopefully the weather will play ball.
Thanks to all who organised and assisted and thanks once again to everyone who came along.
Well said, you got there before me in thanking every-one who came along and supported as well as assisted on the day. I have had an e-mail from a member of the public, thanking every-one for their efforts, as well as enjoying the sight of their child flying a kite bought from us and for the time taken to put it together and explain how to take it apart and store the kite, as well as the guidelines for flying. Initial feedback from the clerk to Walmer Parish Council was sympathic to the situation of the wind and realised that we could have just left after initial attending, rather than stay to the end of the afternoon. Also like to mention Frank and Daphne along with Harry and partner in attending from Essex Kite Group.